Monday, May 24, 2010

TAME IMPALA - INNERSPEAKER

Just landed on the SWT entertainment desk. Should be a ripper. Also reviewing The Devil Rides Out - The Heart & The Crown. I like to let albums really sink in when I'm reviewing them, so these reviews are about a week, two weeks away. I remember when Clutch released Beale Street To Oblivion, the first three listens I was convinced it was the worst thing they've ever done, which is a pretty big deal when you're talking about your favourite band. A week later I fell in love with it and it's still in my top ten albums of all time.
The same can be said for QOTSA, I loved Era Vulgaris on the first listen. A week later I couldn't stand it. Still can't, and I love QOTSA. Some albums are growers, you just never know which way they're gonna grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment